Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Will be updating shortly
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeTue 2 Oct - 4:37 by Christine

» O,M,G its been to long
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeWed 11 May - 16:43 by Mandie-lee

» God bless you all
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeSun 14 Nov - 16:03 by Chris_2

» COME ON LADIES UPDATES PLEASE
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep - 14:38 by Tanika

» Psoriasis Herbal Treatment
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 11:43 by Chris_2

» WHERE DID ME POST GO???
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeTue 17 Aug - 13:02 by Bernie

» Hope your day was good wishful soul
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeSun 1 Aug - 12:26 by Terrie

» My gosh it has been a while
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeSun 1 Aug - 12:25 by Terrie

» CHRISTINE HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR WEEKEND X
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul - 14:56 by Tamsyn

» Loved this lol
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jul - 11:54 by Janine

» Hi !!!
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jun - 17:11 by Mandie-lee

» Thought i was never to get back in here
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeThu 6 May - 14:16 by Terrie

» Thinking of you Ros xxxxx
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeWed 5 May - 16:13 by Shanie

» Please tell us where the dove is
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeWed 7 Apr - 17:30 by GOLDIE

» MOTHERS LOVE
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeSun 14 Mar - 16:42 by Mandie-lee

» HIYA GIRLS
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeMon 8 Mar - 16:40 by GOLDIE

» Cute Puppy whistles
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 9:07 by Nan

» changing the theme for Xmas
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb - 11:50 by Janine

» Checking In!
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb - 11:48 by Janine

» Hearts of love
Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan - 7:17 by Deanne

Outside Links

Forum Promotion

Do the majority of Social Workers really care?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
luckystar
Admin
luckystar

Number of posts : 93
Job/hobbies : wonderwoman
Humor : Got one somewhere
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Empty
PostSubject: Do the majority of Social Workers really care?   Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeWed 1 Oct - 4:39

How many times have you heard a foster parent complain about their children’s social worker? If your county's foster care system is anything like ours, then probably too often, unfortunately. It has been our experience during 16 years of foster parenting that social workers do not stay at their job for very many years. Many are young, fresh out of college, without children of their own, when they start. They are full of ideas about changing the system or making a difference. They are confident in the parenting techniques they have learned at college and expect you to follow.

Then reality sets in. Within a couple of months, their caseloads are filled to an overwhelming capacity because of government cutbacks, vacancies, leaves, and transfers. There isn’t any way they can do the job by the book and only work the 40 hours a week for which they are compensated. Children are returned because of their errors, abused, and returned to care, or worse. They see parents and children who do not respond to treatment regardless of the caseworker’s best efforts. They listen to the parents’ complaints, foster parents’ complaints, and the judges’ complaints.

After a while, they put in for a transfer to another position or leave social work all together. Who can blame them? Yet, we all know who suffers.
Back to top Go down
DawnSu

DawnSu

Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : SAHM/clean houses fro others
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Do the majority of Social Workers really care?   Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb - 11:49

I just wish we could get workers that were in it for the children, and not just a job.. I understand they need a job. But if they can be in it 100% for the child, why do it>??????????? I have this oen worker that has been a worker for 6 years, and he is good. When he speaks his heart, he is degraded for it, and they try and wash it away.. why?????? If its' going to hender a child, yes. But if its' for the better of a chil, listen.. But most of the time they don't even listen to fosterparents, let alone workers..

sorry that's a sore subject for me..
God bless, DawnSu aghhhh
Back to top Go down
Angalic

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Do the majority of Social Workers really care?   Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb - 14:47

abgel4 Believe me honey your not on your own that its a sore point it is for so many of us,
You hang in there your a true angel
Back to top Go down
lucky_star
Admin
lucky_star

Number of posts : 294
Job/hobbies : Wonderwoman
Humor : Got one somewhere
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Do the majority of Social Workers really care?   Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb - 2:20

During my fostering years i eventually realised that most F/C were not like myself and at the end of the day, money was the No 1 reason for fostering the child came bottom of the list. The department seemed to let them get away with so much it is unbelievable.

My main reson for retireing from fostering was the stress caused ,not particularly from the child but mostly from the Social Services and Social Workers. Even though in theory its all about the child in practice is all about making life easy for the departments. Once the Good F/C starts to put accross whats in the best intrests of the child the department feel threatened and start making life difficult for that carer:aghh:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do the majority of Social Workers really care?   Do  the  majority of Social Workers really care? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do the majority of Social Workers really care?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Area :: Foster Care and Adoption-
Jump to: